Dream World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Come join us at http://phantasia.freeforums.net/

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Not Broken, Not Safe

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin-Galena
Admin
Admin-Galena

Credits : 1006
Location : One step closer to hell from the last time you checked.

Not Broken, Not Safe Empty
PostSubject: Not Broken, Not Safe   Not Broken, Not Safe I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 3:47 pm

Used to the point I can’t stand up,
I feel myself crumbling beneath this harsh touch.
Still when I hear you say,
I can’t help but defend my name.
I’m not broken.
Maybe there are a few cracks in the glass,
but I’m not broken.
I’m whole and my soul hasn’t escaped.
I’m not broken,
I still need to be saved.

Dylysa looked in the mirror, at the bruises on her arms and shoulders. A frown touched her face as she traced her fingers over them, wincing at the spots that were still tender. Now, maybe finally that a mark was left, someone would believe her. Now, maybe finally that he had lost his temper and revealed himself, someone would listen to her. Now, maybe finally that she had proof, she would be rescued from this hell.

Quietly, she walked out of her room and up the hall. The lights were on in the kitchen, but there was also light from the living room, flickering and casting a blue hue. Silently, she crept to the open door of the living room and saw him slumped in his chair, looking at the TV with a beer can in his hand. With a silent jolt of fear, she pulled back, away from the door and into the hall’s shadows. Turning away, she went to the kitchen and saw her mother doing dishes. The woman’s beautiful hair was knotted and her skin looked pale and waxy. Never had she looked so unhealthy before, but her face was happy as she hummed and scrubbed. Despite the fact that her mother was ill, Dylysa knew that her mother was happy with him, that she thought he loved her. Somehow this blinded her to her daughter’s suffering.

Without a word, she walked over and started doing dishes, knowing that the over head light would put a stark contrast between her pale skin and the dark bruises. As expected, her mother dropped the plate she was holding into the sink with a clatter when she looked over to thank her. Seizing her daughter’s shoulders, she spun Dylysa to face her and demanded, “What happened!? Who did this?”

Dylysa’s Mom (Bridgett)
Not Broken, Not Safe F4c8fdefa909913eb001994fbdcdb573

“He did,” Dylysa answered, her face scrunching up suddenly as she fought off tears. Keeping her voice as calm as possible, she told her mother, “I told you, he is abusing me. Mom, please, jus-“

“Shut up,” her mother snapped, her face even paler than before. “How dare you accuse Maxwell of such things after all of the love and affection he has shown you.”

Dylysa laughed and answered bitterly, “Yeah, but he hadn’t shown me any fatherly affection. I don’t want to be his woman.”

There was the sharp sound of skin striking skin swiftly and her mother snarled, “How dare you?” Dylysa just stared at her in astonishment, her mouth hanging open.

“Is everything alright?”

Maxwell
Not Broken, Not Safe LOTR_Boromir_by_britbrakdown

Dylysa spun, managing to get behind her mother in a smooth motion as she turned to face Maxwell.

Her mother tensed and then forced a smile. “No, Maxwell. I was just telling Dylysa here that she needs to quit fighting at school. She’s covered from head to toe in bruises, have you seen?”

How her mother missed the look that Maxwell gave Dylysa was beyond her, but then she knew what she had to do. Lifting her head with the last of her courage, she said, “Yes, and I suggested that mom send me to my aunt’s, so that I don’t have to deal with the same drama. It’s over a stupid guy, anyway.”

Her gaze met her mother’s from the corner of her eye and she told her silently if her mother protested, she would tell Maxwell what she had said and then she looked at Maxwell with a look that promised she’d go straight to the cops.

Both of them began talking about the benefits of her going out to the country.

Dylysa
Not Broken, Not Safe Broken_by_RavenSetFree

Just her luck, she was stuck with Maxwell driving her. Dylysa had been so desperate for him not to, she had begged her mother, pleading that she would even be willing to stay longer, until her mother had time off to take her, but her mother had told her there was no reason and she wasn’t going to treat Maxwell like he was a monster not to be trusted. Dylysa had sobbed for her mother to reconsider, but to no avail.

Her hands were curled on her knees and she stared straight ahead at the road, painfully aware of the warm hand on her thigh. Even with herself repeating in her head, over and over, ’Mind over matter, mind over matter, mind over matter. I don’t mind. It doesn’t matter,’ her breathing was shaking and she felt like she was going to suffocate from the need to scream.

Suddenly the pressure on her leg increased and Dylysa bowed her head, willing herself not to cry. Maxwell spoke in a calm, neutral tone, as he said, ”I am assuming, now that you won’t be at the house and we won’t be on each other’s toes, we’ll be able to be friends and all of our silly little spats will be forgotten?”

”Go to hell,” Dylysa choked out, not believing her ears. How could he have the gall to say such a thing to her!? After all he had put her through!

Maxwell suddenly jerked the car off the road, onto a gravelly shoulder and grabbed her shoulders, twisting her violently to face him. In a dark voice, he threatened, ”If you so much as breath a word of this to anyone, I’ll hunt you down and kill you.”

Dylysa didn’t answer, but her eyes told him enough. She knew that no one would believe her. The abuse was over, but there would never be justice for her.

Content, he started driving again and soon they were pulling up at a two story, ranch style house. There was a large area fenced off on the left of the house, almost a square mile of land, with horses and cattle grazing on it. There was a large barn, bigger than the house, in the fenced off area. To the right of the house was a smaller barn and then along the wrap around pouch there was a dog run, with several dogs running up and down, baying at the new comers.

A short woman with white blond hair appeared on the porch and stepped down, a large white dog following at her heels. She walked towards the car, the sway of her hips doing nothing to demean the power in her gait. Walking over to the passenger side, she opened the door and pulled Dylysa out, into a tight hug. She wasn’t the girl’s actual aunt, but rather her mother’s foster sister. Even without blood, she loved Dylysa like a daughter.

”I’ve missed you, kiddo,” her aunt Dana said, before releasing her. Leaning in the door, she said, ”Pop the trunk. I’ll get her stuff and you can leave.”

Dylysa’s Aunt, Dana
Not Broken, Not Safe Sicly_Sweet_by_RGUS

Maxwell, however, climbed out and asked, ”You sure you don’t need my help?”

Dana grabbed the dog’s collar, as he bristled and growled at Maxwell. Frowning, she snapped, ”Get back in your car or I’ll set Belen on you! You may have my dumbass sister fooled, but I’m not stupid. You aren’t hurting this girl, not here.”

The color drained from Maxwell’s face and then he said coldly to Dylysa, ”Get in the car. I don’t feel safe leaving you with such a man hater. So paranoid.

”No,” Dylysa answered, hiding behind Dana.

Maxwell glared at her a moment and then got in the car, speeding off without letting her get her stuff. Dylysa looked at from the dust cloud behind Maxwell’s car to Dana and apologized, ”I’m so sorry.”

”Don’t be. That man is an ass. We’ll buy you new stuff tomorrow when I go to town. For now, just make yourself at home. I’ve gotta go check on Tink. She’s having a litter, so I might not be back for a while. If you see any of the farmhands, just tell them your name and they’ll leave you alone. If Maxwell comes back and no one is around, start shouting. Belen will be there in a heart beat,” Dana told her, hugging her tight and then going back up onto the pouch and then around the side of the house.

Dylysa looked around aimlessly for a second and then went towards the barn where the horses were kept.
Back to top Go down
https://dreamrealm-roleplay.rpg-board.net
DarkWolfProwler

DarkWolfProwler

Credits : 1032

PostSubject: Re: Not Broken, Not Safe   Not Broken, Not Safe I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 4:07 pm

Reese
Not Broken, Not Safe 1836050841a4896033137l

The horses neighed and lifted their heads as Reese grabbed the bag of feed. He chuckled as he spoke to them reassuringly.
"Come now. I am going as fast as possible."
He laughed as he walked over to the black stallion's stable and opened the gate. He softly rubbed his hand over his nose and patted him gently. He smiled and then leaned his head against the stallion's.
"Good boy Blaze."
He walked over to the trough and started emptying the contents of the bag into it. As the horse moved his head to start feeding, it pressed Reese against the wall. He chuckled and then ducked underneath the horse's neck and out of the stable. He locked the door and then moved on to the next horse.
Back to top Go down
Admin-Galena
Admin
Admin-Galena

PostSubject: Re: Not Broken, Not Safe   Not Broken, Not Safe I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 4:16 pm

Dylysa walked into the stable and smiled at the rich smell. It wasn't one that most would find pleasant, yet something about it spoke of safety to her. It wasn't the synthetic orange smell of cleaning liquids used in the bathroom or the rank stench of beer and sweat. It was a safe, earthy smell that she loved.

Walking around, she didn't hear Reese's voice as her eyes were on the horses. Her eyes flicked over them each, smiling at the ones she knew, frowning at the new ones that had taken the place of ones she liked. When she reached a stall where a strawberry roan was kept, a soft, happy sound escaped her and she rushed at the door. "Umi! I'm so glad you're still here!" she greeted the horse, hugging her neck gently. The mare whinnied happily and Dylysa relaxed against her warm pelt, until she hear Reese's voice, talking to the next horse over.

Hearing a male voice, she froze, the memory of her aunt's voice keeping her calm as she shrank back against the wall, hoping that the male would keep walking. Even though she felt safe here, she wasn't ready to face a male, not yet, not after everything Maxwell had put her through.
Back to top Go down
DarkWolfProwler

DarkWolfProwler

PostSubject: Re: Not Broken, Not Safe   Not Broken, Not Safe I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 4:34 pm

Reese heard the sweet voice of a young girl. He turned his head over to Umi's stable and cautiously moved over to it. He looked down at his clothes and thought "oh great, I'm all dirty. Great first impression Reese." He then smiled as he was in her sight.
"Hello, I am Reese and you are?"
As he asked for her name, he held out his hand. But as soon as his eyes looked at her, he felt incredibly sorry. he then looked at her eyes and not her bruises, making sure she didn't feel bad. He wondered what had happened to her, but he was not going to pry. He looked over at Umi and then spoke.
"So I see you know beautiful Umi. She really is a good mare."
Back to top Go down
Admin-Galena
Admin
Admin-Galena

PostSubject: Re: Not Broken, Not Safe   Not Broken, Not Safe I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 4:40 pm

'It's just a guy. Just a friendly worker on your aunt's farm. He won't hurt you. You're okay,' Dylysa reassured herself when Reese came into view. Her hands were resting lightly on Umi's neck and she burrowed them into the coarse fur, before answering him, "Hello, Reese. I'm Dylysa, but you call me Dya for short."

With a laugh, she nodded and rested her forehead against Umi's neck. "When I was little, I came out here a lot. Dana bought her just for me."

Her eyes grew reflective as she thought of that time. It was the first time Maxwell had hit her, after that visit. Her mother had come out to beg for money, but Dana had said no, telling her older sister that she had to learn to balance her earning and spending. Maxwell had been furious about it and took it out on Dylysa when her mother left for work.

Shaking her head, she forced the memory away and then asked, "You work here, right?"
Back to top Go down
DarkWolfProwler

DarkWolfProwler

PostSubject: Re: Not Broken, Not Safe   Not Broken, Not Safe I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 4:53 pm

Reese smiled at her and the horse. He thought a couple things as she spoke, but kept them to himself. He walked over and grabbed a brush from the wall and handed it to her.
"Is it that obvious?"
He smiled cutely at her.
"Yes, I have been working for Dana for a couple years now. I have never seen you before. Are you a friend or family?"

He thought about it after he asked and maybe he was being too questioning with her. But it was too late for that right now. He walked back to the wall and grabbed another brush. He walked over to Blaze and started brushing his neck. He looked over at her for the answers to his questions.
Back to top Go down
Admin-Galena
Admin
Admin-Galena

PostSubject: Re: Not Broken, Not Safe   Not Broken, Not Safe I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 4:58 pm

"Okay, stupid comment," she agreed when he paused to smile at her and her cheeks flushed.

Taking the brush she was offered she began to run it over the roan pelt, not answering for a minute and then answering softly, "I'm Dana's niece, but she's more like a mother to me."

Despite how long it had been since she had been able to work with a horse, Dylysa found it amazingly easy to brush out Umi's coat just the way she liked and then she patted her neck. Thoughtfully, she mused, "I wonder if Umi is still strong enough for me to ride."

Shaking her head, she stepped out of the stall and looked around for the feed bag. Looking at Reese, she asked, her voice still quiet and timid, "Have you fed her yet?"
Back to top Go down
DarkWolfProwler

DarkWolfProwler

PostSubject: Re: Not Broken, Not Safe   Not Broken, Not Safe I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 5:42 pm

Reese smiled at her as she spoke, while brushing the stallion. He kept to his work, remembering to keep on task. But he paused for one moment.
"You have a really cool aunt."

He started brushing Blaze again and then he heard a noise coming from Riot's stable. He sighed and patted Blaze on the neck.
"Looks like the Clydesdale can't wait for his chow."
He looked up at her, when she spoke.
"If Umi can hold me, run, trot, jump over things and run in water, then I am sure she can hold you."
He looked over at the mare and then said.
"Nope, not yet. Would you like to do the honors?"

He walked over and grabbed a bag of feed and then placed it at her feet.
"Be careful it is heavy. I wouldn't want you throwing out your back because I wasn't doing my job."
He joked and then grabbed a bag for Riot. He walked over to the stable and greeted the horse with a rougher rub on the snout.
"What a good boy Riot! Did you miss me?"

Riot nudged the bag of feed on his shoulder and neighed. Reese smiled and then laughed at the big guy.
Back to top Go down
Admin-Galena
Admin
Admin-Galena

PostSubject: Re: Not Broken, Not Safe   Not Broken, Not Safe I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 5:57 pm

Dylysa looked over at the Clydesdale and answered, "Riot never wants to wait for his meal." Her tone was fond, but when she heard that Umi was strong enough for her to ride, her face absolutely glowed with joy. Raising her hand over her mouth to hide the smile, she nodded thanks when he brought the food over.

"I'm stronger than I look," she assured him softly, before waiting until he walked away to scoop up the bag. Umi was a mild tempered creature so she just waited while Dylysa opened the bag and poured some into the feeder. Realizing she hadn't fed Umi in over a year, she crept over to the wall and looked into Blaze's stall. Silently, she slipped back and added more to the trough, which Umi gave her a grateful look for. Dylysa gave her an apologetic smile before slipping out of the stall with the rest of the feed and closing and locking the door behind her.

Returning the feed bag to the supply room, she glanced at Reese before walking down the line of horses. A particularly old paint caught her eye and she started at the stallion for a moment before making a sound that was a mix of a sob and happy gasp as she walked to the front of the stall and leaned over it. The ancient horse walked forward and hooked his head over her shoulder as she wrapped her arms around his neck. "Ciel! I thought you wouldn't be here anymore!" she greeted him. With Umi, she feared her aunt had sold her, but with Ciel, she had thought he would be dead.

Leaning back, she placed her hands on the stallions cheeks and looked into his eyes, clouded with age, a sad smile playing at her lips.
Back to top Go down
DarkWolfProwler

DarkWolfProwler

PostSubject: Re: Not Broken, Not Safe   Not Broken, Not Safe I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 7:24 pm

Riot continued to nudge the bag until it was tight in both of Reese's hands and was being poured into the trough. He took no time in waiting and was eating from it right as Reese had started emptying it. When he was done, he patted the big guy and then walked out, locking the door behind him. He looked over at Dylysa and smiled.
"That is very true. He has never been patient with me."

Reese walked back to Dylysa and smiled slightly as he saw her and the oldest horse in the barn.
"We almost lost him last week."
His voice was very quiet and apathetic.
"There was a fire... some gang started near here and we almost didn't get him out in time."

Reese scratched the back of his head, trying to forget the horrid memory. He grabbed a saddle and the holster and walked over to Umi.
"I think this old girl could use a ride... If you are interested?"
He asked as he tried to lighten up the mood. He opened the door and walked into the stable. He brushed his hand along her back, soothing Umi before placing her blanket and then saddle on her back. He fitted the saddle and then tightened it with care. He walked back to her head and kissed her nose, lovingly.
"Good girl Umi."
He started putting on the harness and then placed the reigns over her neck.
Back to top Go down
Admin-Galena
Admin
Admin-Galena

PostSubject: Re: Not Broken, Not Safe   Not Broken, Not Safe I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 7:39 pm

Dylysa spun towards Reese, hearing what he said, her eyes wide. Turning back to Ciel, she nuzzled her face against his cheek and whispered softly to him, "I'm so sorry, Ciel. I wish I had been here to keep you safe." Looking up at him, she brushing her fingers through his mane, before looking back at Reese, who was already saddling Umi.

Quietly, she walked over and touched Umi's shoulder. The mare looked at her and a relaxed smile touched Dylysa's face. Softly, she murmured to Reese, "Thank you for saddling her for me. I'm not sure if I would have remembered how to." Her eyes were very carefully not on Reese, not that she was afraid to look at him. Dylysa trusted him on the principle that Dana did, but rather, she was afraid that he would see something in her eyes or ask something and she wouldn't be able to come up with a lie fast enough. Even though she had no reason to keep protecting him, to keep lying for Maxwell's sake, she knew that she would never able able to tell anyone about what had happened. Even if they knew, she wouldn't be able to say it, not yet at least, not while the hurt was so fresh.

Climbing into the stall, she made certain that the harness and saddle was on right and then opened the door, leading Umi out. Looking back at him, she asked, "Are you going to right Blaze?" She had guess that was the one he rode. Her voice was soft even as she asked and she only paused at the door of the barn, figuring she'd mount Umi out in the corral, where the grass would break her fall, rather than the hard packed dirt.
Back to top Go down
DarkWolfProwler

DarkWolfProwler

PostSubject: Re: Not Broken, Not Safe   Not Broken, Not Safe I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 8:28 pm

Reese smiled as she approached them. He walked out of the stable and allowed her to lead Umi out of the barn. He grabbed another saddle and harness and walked over to Blaze. He smiled at Dylysa and then replied.
"How did you know?"
He looked at Blaze as he opened the door and then walked it.
"Blaze and I have a special bond. He's my boy. But don't tell the others, he is my favorite."

Just then Riot neighed loudly and butted his head into the air.

Reese laughed and then looked over at Riot.
"Ok Riot. You know I love you too boy!"
As he finished readying the stallion, he grabbed the reigns and led him out of the stable and outside of the barn. He rested the reigns on Reese's neck and then looked over at Dylysa and smiled.
"Do you need help up?"
Back to top Go down
Admin-Galena
Admin
Admin-Galena

PostSubject: Re: Not Broken, Not Safe   Not Broken, Not Safe I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 8:38 pm

Dylysa smiled as he talked about the horses and felt certain that he was someone she could relate to. The horses were sweet, strong, gentle animals that were smarter than people gave them credit for. All of the ones that had been here before remembered her, remembered the treats she gave them and the pettings, and the new ones could see that she was a kind person. That allowed proved that they were better than people.

However, when Reese turned his attention to her, she spun to face him. Forcing a relaxed smile, she shook her head and answered, "I think I can manage." Slowly, she turned back to Umi and stroked her neck, before putting on foot in the stirrup. Grabbing onto the saddle, she pulled herself forward and twisted in time to land in the saddle right. Closing her eyes, she gave a relieved sigh, before leaned forward and hugging Umi. Softly, she whispered, "Thank you."

Straightening up, she looked around and then clicked her tongue and tapped her heels against Umi's sides. The mare, however, hadn't been trained to move forward without a flick of the reigns. Stubbornly, she ignored Dylysa's soft voice and gentle taps, waiting for the command to go.
Back to top Go down
DarkWolfProwler

DarkWolfProwler

PostSubject: Re: Not Broken, Not Safe   Not Broken, Not Safe I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 9:02 pm

Reese smiled as he watched her mount the horse. He followed after her lead and mounted Blaze, who had just stood there, waiting by Reese. When he mounted Blaze, he patted his neck and grabbed the reigns. Reese looked at Dylysa, who was having issues with Umi.
"You have to flick the reigns. It must have been a while since you've ridden the old girl."
He smiled and then whistled at Blaze. Blaze picked up his feet and then as he was lightly tapped on the sides, he sped off into the pasture.
Back to top Go down
Admin-Galena
Admin
Admin-Galena

PostSubject: Re: Not Broken, Not Safe   Not Broken, Not Safe I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 11:26 pm

"It was over a year ago," Dylysa admitted with a wince of embarrassment. Her fingers stroked the mane and then she did as she was told and Umi began to walk forward slowly. As she remembered what Dana had said last year, she tapped her heels and Umi speed up. Dylysa made a startled sound and hunched down in the saddle until she relaxed and then she sped Umi up more, so that she was going at a fast trot. With a laugh, she nudged the roan mare into a gallop and followed along the fence, before turning and stopping in the middle of the field.

Her heart was hammering from the thrill that only riding gave her and her thin featured face turned up to the sky. For a moment she basked into the warmth and then she wrapped her arms around Umi's neck and told her, "If it wasn't for you, I'd have fallen off. You're the best horse in the world." Sitting up, she remembered she wasn't alone and looked around for Reese.
Back to top Go down
DarkWolfProwler

DarkWolfProwler

PostSubject: Re: Not Broken, Not Safe   Not Broken, Not Safe I_icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 1:03 pm

The feel of the wind blew through both males' hair. Reese closed his eyes as he trusted this horse more than anyone he had ever known. They ran along the fence, is a large circle. Blaze neighed as he loved running with Reese. Reese let go of the reigns and then lifted his arms high above his head. His eyes stayed closed as he shouted loudly.
"It feels so amazing!"

Finally he lowered his arms and then grabbed the reigns. With open eyes, he led Blaze over to Umi and Dylysa. He smiled as they approached her.
"How are you doing?"
Blaze nudges his head against Umi's neck a they walked side by side.
Back to top Go down
Admin-Galena
Admin
Admin-Galena

PostSubject: Re: Not Broken, Not Safe   Not Broken, Not Safe I_icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 1:19 pm

Dylysa looked at Reese in shock when he shouted, visibly flinching, only to relax and nudge Umi into a slow walk. As he approached, she didn't tense or shrink away from him, but rather tapped Umi lightly so that she'd keep pace with Blaze. Looking at her hands on the reigns, she picked apart his words, trying to decide the best way to get out of answering anything person. It really wasn't a person question, she decided, just an inquire about how she felt, so she answered, "I'm good. Umi knows how to help idiots from falling, ya know?"

She smiled as she watched Blaze touch the mare's neck. In a joking whisper, she told him, "He has always had a crush on Umi and I think she likes him back now." Her fingers ran through the strawberry blond mane and then Umi tossed her head, as if she could understand what Dylysa was saying and held her in contempt for it.
Back to top Go down
DarkWolfProwler

DarkWolfProwler

PostSubject: Re: Not Broken, Not Safe   Not Broken, Not Safe I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 12:30 pm

Reese couldn't help but chuckle at her response. "She's a smart girl and knows when you don't have much experience... Or should I say recent experience?" He laughed a little bit more and then glanced up at Dylysa. He couldn't help but notice her beauty. When he looked at her, he didn't see the bruises and the pain she had endured. He noticed that she was a beautiful girl and had the potential for an amazing smile. He knew he would have to work for it, but it would be worth it.

He walked Blaze slow, keeping pace with the females. "Yes, I think they might be in love." He smiled at the two creatures nuzzling each other as they walked and smiled when he felt his leg brush against Dylysa's. He liked having her company and being around someone his age. He had been working for Dylysa's aunt for a long time and yet there was never anyone around that was his age.
Back to top Go down
Admin-Galena
Admin
Admin-Galena

PostSubject: Re: Not Broken, Not Safe   Not Broken, Not Safe I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 9:34 pm

Dylysa was uncertain how to reply, since she wasn't even certain about the experience. The memories of her childhood summers spent here were distant and private. At times, she had doubted that they had really happened. They were figments of her imagination, created to keep herself sane when Maxwell abused her. Yet, here she was, safe, if not sound, and far from Maxwell in the care of the aunt she hadn't been certain if she was real or not. That was what counted to her. That was what kept her strong now.

Love...the thought was a harsh one. Her mother had loved Maxwell and insisted that both she and Maxwell loved her. Love was pain, to Dylysa, but she also knew it was something more tender, something sweeter. She could see it between Blaze and Umi. Yet, her mind still shied away from it, like a spooked horse.

Sighing, she tapped her heels against Umi's sides, speeding up so that the expression on her face would be hidden. Umi responded to the light touch by switching to a trot and moving a head. The mare shook her head, so her mane flew, before speeding even faster. Dylysa clung to the reigns as she was carried around the clearing and then circled back to the barn. The girl leap off and hugged the mare impulsively, thanking her for the moment of freedom.
Back to top Go down
DarkWolfProwler

DarkWolfProwler

PostSubject: Re: Not Broken, Not Safe   Not Broken, Not Safe I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 7:19 pm

Reese was a little shocked at Dylysa's behavior. He wondered if it was something he said. Immediately he started to feel bad for her. "It must have been something I said," he said to himself. Blaze neighed and dipped his head three times. "Ok ok boy, let's go back too." Without Reese doing anything, Blaze kicked up his front legs and then started running at full speed towards the barn. The only problem was, he ran under a bunch of trees. One of the branches came too quick for Reese to duck and was taken off of the horse. As he hit the floor, a loud thud followed.

Blaze continued to run to the barn, leaving his rider on the ground. Blaze came to a stop as he saw Umi and Dylysa. He walked to them slowly and nudged Umi. Reese lay flat on the ground, afraid to get up, he laid still.
Back to top Go down
Admin-Galena
Admin
Admin-Galena

PostSubject: Re: Not Broken, Not Safe   Not Broken, Not Safe I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 8:28 pm

Dylysa looked up as Blaze came over and her eyes widened to see that he was without a rider. Her eyes quickly scanned around and spotted the still form of Reese. She could literally feel her heart rate kick up a notch. As her hand dove into her pocket for her phone, she started running towards him. Her fingers dialed the familiar number of her aunt, but after a few moments, she got the automated voice telling her that her phone had been deactivated. Damn Maxwell!

As soon as she reached him, she dropped to her knees next to Reese and asked, her voice as soft as always but spiked with concern, "Are you alright!?" Her pupils were contracted to slits from fear and her face was even paler than normal.
Back to top Go down
DarkWolfProwler

DarkWolfProwler

PostSubject: Re: Not Broken, Not Safe   Not Broken, Not Safe I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 8:30 pm

Reese coughed a bit as he sat up. "Yeah I'm fine... Just got caught off guard is all. Blaze was running too fast." He laughed and scratched the top of his head in an embarrassed fashion. "Are you alright?" he asked as he looked up at her.
Back to top Go down
Admin-Galena
Admin
Admin-Galena

PostSubject: Re: Not Broken, Not Safe   Not Broken, Not Safe I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 8:58 pm

Dylysa flushed with her own embarrassment, having over reacted, but a nervous laugh escaped her. Shaking her head, she mumbled, "I'm alright." Her hand came up to cover the lower half of her face as she stood and asked, "Can you stand? I can go get Aunt Dana to help if you need me to." Her eyes flickered uncertainly from him to the farm.
Back to top Go down
DarkWolfProwler

DarkWolfProwler

PostSubject: Re: Not Broken, Not Safe   Not Broken, Not Safe I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 9:21 pm

Reese chuckled along with her, but only to himself. He looked at the ground and then up at her. "I'm sure I could get up with your help." He gave her a big cheesy smile and raised one hand into the air.
Back to top Go down
Admin-Galena
Admin
Admin-Galena

PostSubject: Re: Not Broken, Not Safe   Not Broken, Not Safe I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 9:28 pm

Only, she didn't instantly reach of his hand. Dylysa hesitated, knowing that her fear of him was pointless, but it was still there. After a moment of forceful control of her own reactions, Dylysa reached forward and grabbed his hand, hauling him to his feet as he pushed himself up. As soon as he was steady, she retracted her hand and hugged herself tight. Her smile was tense as she said, "We should head back. I know how to tend to the horses, so you should head on in and relax for a bit." Turning away, she quickly walked to the horses and lead both Blaze and Umi in. She put them in their stables and focused on getting Umi's saddle off. Though she didn't notice it, tears gathered in her eyes. Her emotions were still a frantic mess from all of the abuse.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Not Broken, Not Safe   Not Broken, Not Safe I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Not Broken, Not Safe
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next